Saturday, November 8, 2008

Guilty, Guilty, Guilty

Ok folks! I come to you today fully aware that I am a very guilty women. What is my crime you may ask? It's blog neglect. I know. I should be ashamed. I could give you plenty of good reasons why I haven't been blogging, but I'm sure you don't want to hear about any of them. So, instead, I will just give you a fresh new post and let's consider the previously mentioned crime forgotten.
I have had the most fun and exhilarating day! Do you want to know what started it off? Well, technically it was a breakfast of chicken minis at Chick-Fil-A. However, I had something that was much more exciting than that. I got to meet THE Nester. Don't worry, I didn't get all giddy and silly with excitement. At least, not in front of her. I tried to get it all out in the car on the way there! :) I even have the picture to prove it, but you know me. I like to protect the identity of my family, so sorry...can't post it. Then, I purchased one of these. That's right people. I am now the proud owner of a handmade Nester original. I guess technically it may not be a tassel, but I'm not sure what else to call it. I think it was just what this little guy needed to give the finishing touch. Oh, and for those of you who may be wondering what she's like...she's real. She's genuine. She is humble. What a great girl! So nice to meet you, Nester!


Well, after that little bit of excitement, we went to a birthday party for my friend's two year old. Then we headed down to a local state park to hike with our girls. I don't think our family has ever done that before. The girls had a blast. Actually, we all did. I think my husband and I are going to make trips like this more of a priority.
After such an eventful day, I came home and felt inspired to blog. I'm actually laughing at myself because I am downloading pictures on our home computer while using my husband's laptop to type this post. Now that's what I call multi-tasking!

2 comments:

M.J. said...

I'm glad you took ownership of your crime and came back!!!

I did finally get to posting about our morning with Nester. If anyone wants proof check me out at www.onenuttygirl.blogspot.com

OK, I'm shamlessly promoting myself on your blog!!

MJ

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Mary Jean mentioned you today at church, and was so glad to see your comment at the Nester's so I could come over and say "hi."