Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Disclaimer
It really didn't take long for me to come up with a name for this "site". However, I must tell you that to call myself a seamstress might be a bit of a stretch. I think maybe I just dream of one day being a seamstress. You see, I LOVE to sew. I mean, truly, "Love" may be an understatement. I didn't learn to sew until my oldest (now 6) was a year old and I was expecting my 2nd child. I don't know what it is about sewing that is so attractive to me, but I would sew constantly if I could. Actually, I've always been referred to as an "over achiever", which is not necessarily a good thing. So maybe that contributes to the fact that I love it so much. I think I just like to try doing everything for myself. I like to dress my children on Sunday mornings and know that their beautiful outfits were made with love by my hands. It gives me so much joy. Now, if I only had the time. You see, I have people ask me quite frequently, "where do you find the time?". The truth is, when I'm sewing, it means that some other area of my life is on the back burner...laundry, house cleaning, bill paying. Is it worth it? Will my children want their children to wear this clothes? Will they appreciate the fact that I spent hours on these articles of clothing? I sure hope so. If not, at least it gave me (and all the "ole folks" in the line at K & W) joy for a moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment