I have been very reluctant to show pictures of our unfinished project. By unfinished, I mean the walls are bare. I have some great ideas, I just need to put them into action. Actually, I can't do all of them alone, which means I have to get the hubby motivated. So without further ado, allow me to show you the "after". We love it and I hope you do to. You might want to brace yourself. It's a little funky.
This is the girls desk. I love that they have a space up here to color or draw and also play on the computer (the computer time is rare). I also love the fact that they have somewhere to hide all the paper, markers, crayons, etc. All three of them use this desk on a daily basis.
These threads are part of the whole "naked wall" solution. I want these hung, but they are pretty heavy and I don't exactly trust my ability when it comes to things like this. I'd also like to display my ribbons on some type of shelf with a dowel, but I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.
I now have just the right amount of storage. It is everything I could've asked for and more. But the best part about this room is it's functionality. It is all that we need it to be without looking like a hodge podge of a room. The elliptical is in the corner behind the door...not so much of an eye sore now. The girls have a little kitchen and table and chairs on the wall to the left when you walk it. All of their toys are easily accessible, yet hidden. The cabinets hold games and things like magna doodles and Mr. Potato Head, not to mention those dreaded containers of Polly Pockets. I love being able to provide my children with all the things they need to enjoy playing without losing the ability to keep things hidden. It helps maintain my sanity.
I've got some easy and money saving projects in this room that I hope to share with you soon!
1 comment:
Ashley, that looks GREAT!!! Oh my goodness, those are some great before and after pictures. You done good, girl, you done good!
Post a Comment