Friday, November 6, 2009

A Little Tease

I'm going to give you what they call in "TV" world, a little "tease". This is in hopes that you will return and read my blog again on Monday. You know one of my favorite things to do is sew...hence the blog title. My second favorite hobby is decorating or should I say "my attempt at" decorating my house. Therefore, I love to show before and after photos. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something and that my vested time was worth it. Today I am just going to show you the before pictures. Which, by the way, I cannot even believe I am posting for the world to see. Let's face it, the "world" will not see it. Only about 5 of you will view this post. :) When we moved into this house six years, we had a bonus room. What was I going to do with this room. It needed to serve so many purposes. It had to be a playroom, sewing room, media room, and work out room. Well, it eventually became the room I dreaded going into each day. The toys had no real home. It didn't matter how many storage units we purchased, nothing seemed to work. The toys never really had a home...except for the large abyss that we called a toy box. That seemed to be where everything eventually ended up because the girls forgot what went where and they didn't want to take the time to figure it out.

In the midst of cleaning out the bonus room for our improvement project, I realized I hadn't taken any before pictures of the room. So I stopped what I was doing and snapped a couple of pics. I cannot tell you how glad I am that I did that. So here are the before pictures (and I don't have to tell you to excuse the mess, do I?):Notice the sewing machine and massive printer on the ever so massive desk!!!!
Not to mention the eye sore of an elliptical machine!





Oh, and just for fun, I'm including what the rest of my house looked like during this time period. You see, we were also having crown molding installed in the entire house except for the rooms which my darling husbands had already put it in. Then we had the painters in to paint the trim and the work we had done.






The workers were literally in every room of our house except the guest bathroom and guest bedroom. This was the same time frame when we had the laundry room done as well. So enjoy my chaos.







I have a friend who laughs every time she hears me talk about this being chaos. Although, her and her husband are major re modelers. They say I'm a light weight!

No comments: