Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busy Girl!!




Where have I been you may ask? I have been a very busy girl. I took advantage of all the sunshine last week planted some flowers. Mostly in containers.

Isn't it beautiful!?!

While Pink is not my favorite choice for flower colors (sorry, C), I had a little helper with me when I bought them. Now, I will NEVER claim to know that much about flowers/plants, but there are a few things I know. I know there are three rules for container "arrangements". You need a thriller, a filler, and a spiller. I used "spikies" for my thriller, geraniums for my filler, and million bells for my spiller. Truth be told, I could've probably used just the million bells for my filler and my spiller, but it would've taken a while to get the look I wanted.

I also took some time to plant arugala and spinach. I usually plant this in my vegetable garden, but I decided to put it a little closer to the house so that it would be more easily accessible. My parents are coming this weekend and we will plant our vegetable garden. I was spoiled as a child with fresh, home grown vegetables and I just can't bare the thought of the "canned" stuff. I guess you could call me a vegetable snob. I get so much enjoyment out of growing AND EATING our fresh veggies. It may be a while before I return due to all the upcoming plans. BIG WEEKEND...gardening, ballet recital, out of town guest...must get busy!!!







1 comment:

Cambre said...

...never heard of a filler, spiller, and thriller, but LOVE it! If this big, huge, lingering cloud would go away, maybe I could do some cute planting as you have! Thanks for sharing, now I need to go find some spiller for my basket!!!!