
So here is my newest project. I was looking for a lunch bag for our two youngest daughters. The preschool they attend does not allow anything other than paper bag size lunch containers. For the past 6 years, I have been sending lunches in plain, brown papers bags. Well, I've had enough. No more boring paper bags for these girls. I had seen these type lunch bags last year and never got one for them. As this school year rolled around, I began the search for these lunch bags and couldn't find them anywhere. Wouldn't you know it. When all else fails, make it! Thus began my search for oilcloth. All my searches came up with the typical vintage fabrics that you would normally associate with oilcloth. Not really what I was looking for if you know what I mean. Then I ran across this Micheal Miller fabric that is laminated. I found the best price at a place called Crafter's Vision. The laminated cotton is similar in looks to oilcloth, but is only laminated on one side. A much cuter alternative to vintage oilcloth if you ask me. These are my first attempts at the lunch bags. I must admit that they need A LOT of fine tuning, but they are just so fun in so many ways. Oh, and can't you just see a monogrammed name on the front. Love it! Just say "NO" to plain brown paper bags.
7 comments:
i love them!
Beautiful! Love that fabric.
I LOVE these bags! SO cute! My children usually need new lunch boxes come January. I will definitely remember these!
Sassy, I was thinking of these bags today and the fabric. I found this craft fabric website a few weeks ago. I emailed the site to Julie, buy maybe you can use it too.
www.lyveadesigns.com
They have cute children's "craft" fabric is wipeable, washable, indoor outdoor fabric. Maybe you can use this too!
What a great idea. I love them. You have such good ideas.
Found you on the nester....love these bags!!! You are so talented!
I love them....do you have a pattern for them? xxxRobby
Post a Comment