Finally, I have found everything I wanted for the antique server (used as a nightstand) in my bedroom. While in Target last month, I came across some apothecary jars ON CLEARANCE. I had been wanting some, but was waiting for just the right deal. Voila! They have sat empty and lonely on the server until just this past week. I went into an antique store in town, recommended by a friend, that has a lot of architectural salvage and found some really neat items. Now I am totally unashamed to tell you that I stole this idea from something on the Nester's site (who got it from Holly Mathis). Actually, one of them is almost completely duplicated. What can I say? I loved the way it looked. As I was saying, while in the antique store I ran across some items that I knew would feel right at home in my apothecary jars. Most of these items were only $2 each, so it was a pretty inexpensive project. I found a little tin, an old book, a key,
an old "stamp" (I didn't even realize Holly had one of these in hers until I posted this), a finial looking thing, and an old piece of wood.
The glasses use to be mine and the shell was found by my daughter at the beach this summer.So that these apothecary jars wouldn't feel lonely, I found these old books for $2 a piece.
I love to decorate with old books. I don't know what it is, but I feel like they complete the look. It's a no brainer. Find books that look good together, stack them, and you're done. It's just that simple!Now I just have to figure out how to refurbish the old ceiling tin I bought. I'm very excited about it, so I hope it ends up being "post worthy".
2 comments:
Hey! Glad you made it! Great finds! I just finished posting on Rhyne's and then checked yours and saw this...so perfect. So, check my posting for today!!!
You've inspired me to do something with apothocary jars!!!!! Oh no, right when I thought I was FINISHED!
I just stumbled over here from Nester, and was looking at your garland, and kept reading. HAD to reply about the books. I use old books everywhere! :) I started picking up old ones that mean something to me, and it's really neat to see the history build up. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment