Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Auction, Auction!!!

What happens when your closest friends find out you can sew? You get drafted into making items to be auctioned. That is quite a daunting task. Think about it. Your handy work on display for people to bid on. It's not like you can set a price and people can decide whether or not they want to buy it. They actually put down what they want to pay for it. Of course they are not going to put down top dollar...I know that. The bidding starts out fairly low and I inevitably find myself walking by the table to see what the bid is at...again and again. I also know that it's not about how much it goes for, but the fact that it's a donation for a good cause. However, my human nature gets the best of me. Anyway, here are the items I recently made for the auctions. Which might explain why I haven't been blogging very much! :)

First Auction Outfits






Ruffler Dress




















*Octopus Pajamas




*Disclaimer: Octopus was cut out by Amy!


Auction #2




















Ruffler Dress again

and

Dragonfly Pajamas


How cute and sassy are these little girls. While I would proudly claim them on any given day, these precious models belong to Amy...as do the outfits. So glad I get to see them on these girls. Even happier that if the outfit falls apart, the owner will gladly send them my way to repair. :)

3 comments:

Playing Sublimely said...

I'm just still bitter I had to pay money for them ;)!!!

Bethany said...

you are amazing! i want a little girl so i can pay you to dress her!!! seriously, you are so talented.

Amy S. Norris said...

keep on rocking it girl! awesome work. :) i have an octopus that i do as well and i say cuss words at it the whole time. ha! i love how you put the cotton lace on the pants, very matilda jane-ish.

hope you are well.