I recently had the pleasure of hosting a shower with some friends for my sister-in-law. I have been waiting for this opportunity for quite some time. These little twin boys are quite a blessing and it was such a joy to be able to provide their mamma with some much needed adult social time. The theme of the shower was a garden theme along with two peas in a pod. This is what I like to call a growing tree. It is covered in Bible verses regarding growing, loving, nurturing...all things a garden (and family) need to thrive.
Some of my shower ideas came from TomKat Studios.
Have you ever visited that blog? Let me just say...Oh My!!!! I am in love with her party ideas.

Some of my shower ideas came from TomKat Studios.
Have you ever visited that blog? Let me just say...Oh My!!!! I am in love with her party ideas.This little number was an idea I got from Bakerella. Cute, cute stuff. She used cake pops...I didn't have time for that. I had a friend dip marshmallows in chocolate and then I topped them with the flowers.
Oh, and I have included two recipes from the shower that I hope you enjoy.
Pesto Cheeses
1 block of sharp cheddar cheese
1 block cream cheese
Pesto Dip (I used Basil Pesto Dip)
Put cream cheese in the freezer. While that is chillin' cut block of cheddar cheese in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/4 inch slices. Pull our cream cheese and cut in the same fashion. Layer cheeses (like dominos) but closely together and spread pesto dip on top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers. Easy and yummy!
Grape Salad
2 1/2 lbs. of grapes
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
Blend sugar, cream cheese, and sour cream until smooth. Fold in grapes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, add 3/4 cup brown sugar, stir and then drizzle with caramel. You could also add nuts if you'd like. I prefer it without them. Enjoy! Easy Peasy.

No comments:
Post a Comment