Almost 7 Years Later...
(sorry for the crooked pic...it will drive my hubby insane)We are loving our new master bath. My husband didn't think he wanted to do this little project; however, I think he is enjoying it more than I am. I will tell you some tips I have for doing a bathroom remodel. Price shop online and then go to your local stores and ask them to price match. I found these mirrors at our local lighting store. I then came home, found them online for $40 less, went back to my local store where they agreed to match the price. Not only did I save $80, but I didn't have to wait for them to be shipped to me. Double instant gratification.
Also, if you do custom cabinetry, you can save some money by picking out your own countertops. Go to your local natural stone installer. They usually have remnant pieces and will only charge you to cut the pieces to your specifications. This saved us 50% on the granite alone.
Also, this pretty lady...
a 1920 Kohler clawfoot tub. I found her at our local architectural salvage and even after having her sandblasted and refinished, we saved $2300 (compared to a new clawfoot tub.) Not to mention the fact that I love giving something old a new look. And what lady doesn't need a shiny new accessory?
I mean, I couldn't bring the ole girl home and not give her a little bling bling! :) Here are the shower and water closet...
separate...as they should be. Words cannot express how much we love this shower. All other bathrooms in our house have been completely neglected since this remodel was completed. This little number has been a huge backsaver...
no more bending over tubs to bathe children!!! Just wash em, spray em, and send them on. Added bonus, there is also another shower head on the other side so that we don't get cold while giving them showers.
And last but not least, in my husbands words: "I had to girl it up!"
He should know he's fighting a losing battle. There are lots of ruffles in his future.
1 comment:
dreamy..now you can never, ever move!
Post a Comment