Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blessings Abound

I have a dear friend who, for the sake of my sanity in typing this, we will call Margaret. Well, Margaret and I have known each other for about 8 years now. We met at church when she was pregnant with her first child. We became really good friends about 6 years ago when we both found out we were pregnant with our second child. Actually, she found out she was pregnant a couple of months after I did, but I think that was one of the things that started the unique bond that we have. Neither one of us had planned to be pregnant at the same time, it just sorta worked out that way. We had so much fun when those two were babies. We took pictures of them together and plan to use those pics at their rehearsal dinner. Only kidding people...we're not that delusional. So, those kiddos became older and we both were ready to have another baby. Again, not planning to be intentionally pregnant at the same time, but what do you know. That's just how it worked. Only this time, she found out she was pregnant a couple of weeks before I did. So, here we are both pregnant with number three. Here is a recap, folks. Our first children are 1 year and 2 weeks apart. Our second children, 2 months apart. Our third children, 2 weeks apart. We had joked that our next children would have to be 2 days apart. Well, when she called me a couple of months ago to tell me she was expecting number four, I quickly informed her that our next children would not be even close to 2 days apart. Don't get me wrong. I would love to have another child, but we all know it takes two and right now, only one of us is ready. Back to the story. So, last night, I was at a Pampered Chef party and we were discussing Margaret being pregnant. The girl who was having the party is a mutual friend of Margaret and I. So, with our pregnancy history, the natural question came up of whether or not I would have another one. I told them that I had decided I was going to wait and see how Margaret did with the transition from 3 to 4. And that I was also going to wait and see how Margaret's body held up at our age with pregnancy #4. Well, I got the news today that she will not be able to tell me that what it's like to go from 3 to 4 because...are you ready for this...drum roll please...she's having TWINS!!!!! When she gave me the news, I laughed my head off. You see, she has always wanted twins. Only, I think she would've preferred them on pregnancy #1 thru #3. I am so giddy with excitement I just can't hardly stand it. I am so happy for them. And they are all so excited as well. And maybe a little shocked. Her mom said, "twins don't run in our family". My response..."they do now"! How exciting...did I say that already? Although, now my chances of having a fourth have been drastically reduced...what if that happens to us???? I do believe my husband would pass out at the very thought. Congratulations, Margaret. Can't wait to meet "the twins"!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So much fun and happiness! I believe your mom would move right on over there to help you if you had the same news. Congratulation to "Margaret".

Nicole said...

That is so exciting, probobly scary to her, but exciting. I'm a twin, and let me just say that being a twin is great. She is my best friend, it hasn't always been that way, but now that were through the teenage years, it's great. Your never alone, you don't have to start high school alone or attend activities alone, it was such a blessing.