Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Backyard Bargains


This is the inspiration for my little project today.

It is a silver set I found at a yard sale down the street from my mom's house. Only, I didn't pay a dime for it. Amazing? Yes...I think so. I had admired the set at the yard sale and told the lady it would look beautiful on my buffet. She agreed and offered to drop the price a little. I still wasn't quite sure I wanted to pay that much for it, so I told her I might be back...I needed to think about it. Well, I decided I didn't really NEED it and never went back.








I did, however find this table that I couldn't live without.











A week or so later, my mom's doorbell rang and who do you think it was? It was the yard sale lady. My mom had never met her before the yard sale, so she was surprised to see her at the door with a box. She told my mom that she wanted me to have it. She said I needed it on my buffet. So sweet. Needless to say, I was delighted. I'll post later about the project. That is another story in and of itself. Maybe this will give you ALL (haha) something to look forward to.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

The silver set is very pretty. I think it's kind of funny that you have that and you don't drink tea or coffee. It is very nice for decoration though. Maybe I should start going to yard sales. No, sleep is too good!

sassy seamstress said...

i actually drink russian tea. the girls and i had a tea party a couple of weeks ago with the lady next door and we served russian tea with brunch items. we used another little decorative tea set we have. it was quite dainty!

Blogger said...

That is a very sweet story, sounds like something I would do, look at me, tooting my own horn! ;) You should write that story down on paper and stick it in the teapot for generations to come to read about. Thanks for sharing!!!