WARNING!!!! THIS POST CONTAINS ALOT OF PICTURES!!!!!

We spent the Saturday before Mother's Day at
Vollmer Farms. It really is a GREAT place to take the kids. They have made
a lot of changes over the years and they have all been for the better. They had so many neat things for the girls to do. Our oldest didn't go because she would rather stay with Grandma. We went for the purpose of picking strawberries, but got so much more out of the trip. One of the things they did was this:

Yes, I know...quite interesting.

My husband acts as if he knows what he's doing. Ha! They also had the neatest swings. They were made to look like horses.

Aren't they cute? Our last stop before picking strawberries was the cow ride.

Are these not the niftiest little things you've ever seen? Then it was off to pick strawberries. Our middle child took the job very seriously and didn't eat any while she was picking. Our youngest was doing a great job until here daddy give her the idea that she could actually eat them.

Let's just say that opened up a can of worms. Notice the strawberry juice dripping from her hand down to her arm! This was her brand new white bow. Note to self: don't wear new bows to pick strawberries. Who would've thought she's get strawberry juice in her hair!!!!!

She didn't know how to stop...her father didn't either.

Once we got them focused again, we were able to fill up 4 baskets.
We paid for the strawberries and upon checking out, look what I found.

I fell in love with this ring, so for the low low price of $4, my husband got away with a great mother's day gift. Then we made our way into the homemade ice cream shop. I decided on a chocolate milkshake. I must admit that it was possibly the best shake I've ever had. My husband and his brother decided on this...

you know, because he couldn't have possibly eaten enough strawberries in the field. It is just one of the neatest places I've ever been. Last but not least, here is my favorite part of
Vollmer Farms:

It is certified organic and they have
a lot more than just strawberries. They have anything you can possibly think of and then some. If you don't want to pick it yourself, they have all kinds of produce already picked. Look it up sometime and if it's close to you, then make a trip. I promise you will not be disappointed!
1 comment:
What a great place for kids...and obviously husbands! :) LOVE the ring! Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment