Monday, June 16, 2008

All in a days work

So maybe it took a little longer than a day, but I can cross a few things off my summer list. Some of you may have read my blog entitled "Breathe". I'm not smart enough yet to link you to it, so just search my blog list to find it if you so desire. Anyway, I thought I'd give you an update on the kind of progress I'm making. You'd be glad to know that I finished my niece's coming home outfit, have taught the girls three Bible verses (Eph. 6:1, Eph. 4:32, and John 14:6), made my euro shams (I know, I still need small decorative pillows, but I'm waiting for just the right fabric),


and planted the flower garden.

I wish I could take all the credit for the beautiful perennial garden, but truth be told I really only have sweat equity and financial responsibility. My wonderfully talented sister-in-law came this past weekend and helped me pick out all of the flowers which should be a beautiful display by the end of the summer. We have secretly vowed that if we ever decide to sell this house, it will have to be in the winter so that we can dig up all of the full grown perennials. (She has done this in the past...gasp!) I, too, would be heart broken to have put all the work into such a beautiful yard for someone else to appreciate it...or not. So that's how the summer has gone so far. Off to a good start I would say. The vegetable garden will need picking within the next couple of days, so I have a feeling that will put a stop to some of the progress. I hope not. I love getting things accomplished...can you tell?

No comments: