Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Father's Role

I had a post all typed up about this lamp I am getting ready to "re-do", but I couldn't get the image to upload. So, here is a little something else that has been on my mind recently. Given the fact that father's day has just passed and the fact that I wrote about my mom, I thought I'd let you know a little about my dad. You will never find a daughter who thinks more highly of her father than I do. I have the most incredible father you've ever met. He is such a godly man who loves the Lord and has always set such a good example of what a father and husband should be. He is selfless, loving, compassionate, and easy-going. He spoiled me rotten as a child and truth be told, he probably still does. It is one of my greatest fears that my children will not remember (when they are my age) what a great man he is. I have so few memories of my grandparents and as I watch my parents interact with them, I pray they will remember what wonderful times they have shared. I have always said that it will take an impressive man to measure up to my dad and I am blessed to say I've found him! When I see my husband interact with my girls, it just brings so much joy that it's hard to explain. He loves them with every fiber of his being and he is like putty in their hands. He takes care of them when their sick and runs to their rescue in time of need. He is an awesome father and I have no doubt that when my girls grow up, they too will say..."you will never find a daughter who thinks more highly of her father than we do!"