Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Favorite Room





My two oldest (should it be older or oldest when using "two"? anyway...) girls share a room. I must say that I LOVE this room! It is definitely the room with the most sweat equity. My husband put up the wainscoating and I made all bedding and the window treatment. I found the chair at the manufacturer's outlet.





The beds and dresser/mirror were mine when I was a little girl and we bought the chest at an estate sale when we first got married (it was yellow when we bought it). I decided to paint them all black and I think it turned out rather nicely. The lamp was bought at Target (on clearance) and the lamp shade was just a plain white lamp shade until I got my glue gun out. Oh, the nester would be so proud. I just repainted the room on Tuesday night. We originally did this room a couple of years ago and I was just never quite happy with the paint color I choose. So finally, I've found the right color. I'm in the process of re-finishing a night stand which they so desperately need between their beds, but other than that I'm pretty satisfied with how things turned out. I love it!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey, you should say your two oldest children because you have "three or more". Only use the form older when you are comparing two items, in this case children.
Your room looks great. I think I remember it being red. Is that right? I like the pink shade, it's really poppin'.

jday said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Peyton has a hot pink bedroom, but I used green with it. I love the black. Okay, so where are all the toys?? My kid's rooms are full of toys and Webkinz and all kinds of other trinkets and dolls!! I think your furniture turned out great! When were you able to sew all of the bedding and window treatment???

sassy seamstress said...

i know you use older with two and oldest with three or more, but since i was using the two girls as one unit, i wasn't quite sure. it doesn't really matter in blog world...just got me thinkin'

i made all the stuff for the bedroom when i only had two children. it took a while.

they have a little doll house that i hadn't put back in their room before the picture. and if you could see my bonus room, you would know where all the toys are

Bethany said...

I love this room! You are so talented!!!

sassy seamstress said...

you all are sweet...oh, and no, it didn't use to be red. that's why i painted it...everyone thought it was red!!! it drove me bonkers!

Donna said...

Cute room! It's very sassy and chic! I bet your girls love it:)

Nicole said...

I love the wainscoating. I would love to do that in my daughters room, but the wall are textured so I don't think it would work, maybe beadboard. Everything looks great, I love the bold colors, and what you did with the lamp shade and that beautiful antique dresser.

Kathi Roach said...

I love this room! It is beautiful.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Denise said...

Very cute! You are much more talented than I am. Plus, I cannot get fun projects like this complete.

Mrs. Jones said...

Wow, I love this room!! I can't wait to see more of your house. ;-)

~Heather

Gretchen said...

Gorgeous!!!

I love the black swirly fabric ... I have a pillow in that same fabric in green.