Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Sista without Sistas

So do I have you wondering what in the world I am medicated with? Well, I just thought I'd let you know a little bit about myself. My youngest child is quite the handful. I never understood why the "babies" of every family are always just that...babies! I always assummed that it was because their parents just gave up on parenting or got sorta slack about it. Now (in my wiser years...haha), I have realized that it's not always the parents fault. You see, I have a little "spit-fire" on my hands. Don't get me wrong, she is sweet as sugar and I love her absolutely to pieces, but she is constantly on the go. I have done nothing different with her and yet, she is soooo not like her sisters. She is just "the baby" and gets all the attention. Which brings me back to my original point...the babies. You see, I am that baby of the family. Not only am I am the baby, but I am the only girl. Yes...I would dare to say I was a little spoiled. To add to all of that, I was the baby by ALOT of years. My brothers were 17, 13, and 9 (almost 10) when I was born. I had LOTS of attention. Anyway, with three brothers I never really understood what it was like to have a sister. (which is why I was so glad when I found out my second was also a girl) While I don't have a sister, a have four awesome sister-in-laws. Two of them are on my side and two on my husband's side. I am forever grateful for the relationships I have with each one of them. Each relationship is genuine and unique. I call each one of them for different reasons. It's so refreshing to have these relationships and to make it even more interesting, there is only one of us who has a sister of their own. It's as if the Lord said, "see these women, they don't have sisters (except for one), let's put them all together and show them what it's like to have a sister." That's probably why I get along with all of them so well. We don't have a real sister to complain to about the "sister-in-law". I love my brothers dearly, but they don't care that I want to paint my guest bathroom for the umteenth time just because I'm not quite happy with the color. They don't care that I prepared a meal only to have it turn out sub par. It's nice to have another girl to talk to about these things. So, while I don't have a sista, I am eternally grateful for the relationships I have with these four fabulous girls. (I like to call us girls...it makes us seem younger)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

There is a lot of reflecting going on over there! The sentiment is the same here.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sassy seamstress said...

my dearest sister-in-law (whose comment i deleted)...thanks for the message...and no, he couldn't answer your questions about babies. at least nothing you don't already know.

sassy seamstress said...

i feel the need to explain the "deleted comment"...you see, my husband's sister didn't realize that i was trying to maintain a certain level of anonymity and began divulging all of my personal information. just kidding...she just used my husband's name. which i had told him would never be used on this website. so, in keeping with my promise, i had to delete the comment. i love you dearly, and thanks again for such sweet words!