Friday, September 19, 2008

Blogging Blues

So I haven't really been in the mood to blog lately. And let's face it, you have to been in the mood. Plus, we've been out of town for the past 4 days and there is lots to catch up. I decided to post about something that I enjoy doing. I love to put a party together.

Recently, we gave my nephew's new wife a recipe shower. I wish I would post more pics, but I forgot my camera and have had to wait for other people to email them to me. We had some really neat ideas for this shower (at least I think so). Instead of having everyone bring their recipe to the shower, we decided to have the recipes mailed back to me. I then made a recipe book through shutterfly which included the recipes (obviously), pictures from their wedding, and Bible verses to correspond with either the recipes or the pictures. I loved this idea because it's something she can keep forever and she will always remember who gave her these recipes.

The next thing we did was a little alteration to the oh so typical corsage. I ask you, people, who keeps corsages? Sure, you may keep them for a little while, but let's face it. They all end up in the trash, right? We decided to get her an apron to wear with her intials monogrammed on it (thanks to jday) . Also, attached to the apron (as her corsage) were measuring spoons accented with zinnias and ribbon, of course.

Now for the table. This picture wasn't taken until later, so that's why some of the food was missing...it was quite a rush to get things done and pictures were the last thing on my mind. We decided to forgo to flowers in the center of the table. We replaced that idea with a glass pitcher filled with all kinds of kitchen items. And there you have your multi-purpose center piece. Yet another wonderful gift for the blushing bride (if I do say so myself). And last, but not least, the bride mentioned that she didn't have any funnels. Your wish is our command. Notice the funnels were also used as vases to hold the zinnias. I love it when a party comes together. Stay tuned. If I can get my act together, I may post pictures from my daughter's 5th birthday party.

3 comments:

jday said...

I have been in the same bloggin' rut! I've had so many other things going on this past week...

Very cute ideas! Did you get any pictures of the finished recipe book?? And I love the pitcher/centerpiece idea! It's OK to toot your own horn if your ideas are good ones!! :)

Denise said...

Love this idea! I don't think I will be giving anyone a wedding shower any time soon but I will for sure remember your great ideas! Good for you Sassy!

sassy seamstress said...

no, i didn't get any pictures of the recipe book and i'm kicking myself for it.