Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Five Year Old's Party

I always try to think of different party ideas. All of the little girls in my daughter's class have had the princess parties and the tea parties and the dress up parties. I wanted something different for her. So we decided to have a painting party. It was quite enjoyable. This was the first party that I haven't really had to do alot to prepare. The party favor was the item they were painting. The cake was made by a local bakery and the location was not my house. Which meant I didn't have to clean up before or after the party. What a fabulous idea!!! I must say that this party would not have been a success without the help of my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. He was the "photographer" (for most of the shots) and she was my right hand. Literally. She is always so wonderful to have around for parties because we think alike when it comes to things like this and she just does things without asking. It was so great. The birthday girl got a little overwhelmed when it was time to open presents. I guess that's par for the course. But my absolute favorite part of this party was the present they give you for having the party there. It's supposed to be a tile, but I paid a little bit more and got a plate. I just don't like items that don't have purpose and I knew she would enjoy the plate every time she used it. (Of course, you know I blurred out her time name to protect her privacy.)They took all the children (and adults) at the party and did a thumbprint. Then they turned all the thumbprints into little animal figures and wrote their names on it. What a great way to remember her 5th birthday. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

2 comments:

Christine said...

What an awesome idea. The plate is super cute too. Happy Birthday to your little girl.

Kristi Smalley said...

What a cute post. I periodically lurk on your blog and would love to have you join me on mine. My husband made me go private. My email address if kristismalley@sbcglobal.net. I will invite you if you will send me your email address. Thanks.