Saturday, September 27, 2008

Meet Gracie


I would like to introduce my "blog audience", as few as you may be, to Gracie. She is an adorable 7 month old little girl who is fighting for her life. She has something called (and I'll quote her mother) " Severe Partial Digeorge syndrome. Doctors say that she has very little of an immune system, but because she has a little T-cell function, she is not eligible for a Thymus transplant. This is a dangerous condition to have because there is no treatment but a once a month antibody injection."

She has never left the hospital and needs our prayers desperately. On October 2nd, they are going to do a Glenn procedure on her which will redirect the blood flow directly to her lungs instead of going through a weak (or absent) ventricle. This is kind of a last resort for Gracie because the doctors say without this she will not get any better. The problem with this procedure is that she only has a 10% chance of surviving this surgery. Her parents have the most incredible amount of faith. Probably due to the fact that they have seen all of the obstacles God has brought her through so far.

I know that her family covets your prayers now more than ever. If you will read her journal, you will see what an amazing work God has done in the life of this little girl. I will not post anything else until Gracie has her surgery. I believe in the power of prayer. I am asking that if you have a blog please link to this (or Gracie directly) to lift this little girl up in prayer all over the world. Thanks for your help and please, be fervent in your prayers for this sweet little girl!

Click Here for Gracie's Journal

If you have problems with the link above, you can just copy and paste the link below into your address bar.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/graciejeanlockyer

1 comment:

Donna said...

That is so sad! I hate seeing children--esp. babies--in health crisis. It's just too much! I will be praying for little Gracie and her parents. Keep us updated.