Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An Act of Love

Meet...the servants (and by servants, I mean those with a willing heart):



The project: My non-functional pantry. If it's one thing I can't stand in life, it's things that don't have a function. I believe I've said this before. I was recently at a cooking class and her kitchen was so organized that it inspired me. I asked her if I could look in her pantry and she said sure. It, too, was equally as organized. The little green monster in me came out and the next day I began the new project. I know that my poor husband will be so glad when my mind stops coming up with all these projects. Don't tell him, but I'm not sure that will ever happen. I took some pictures to show you all the waisted space in my pantry. I had three shelves that were all about 22 inches deep. While that depth was ok for the top shelf (still not practical, but ok), it was completely ridiculous for the bottom two shelves. The front of the top shelf is off so that you can see how much waisted space I had back there. I decided that if I was only using the front portion of the shelf, the I might as well remove it and slide the pantry items back. Then I came up with the idea (and here is where the dear husband comes in) to add shelves on the side of my pantry to add a little extra storage. Here is the completed project. Aahhhh! So much better. Clean and crisp. That's the way I like it! I was even able to clean out one of my cabinets in the kitchen that had baking items in it. Now my spices have a cabinet all to themselves. A HUGE thank you goes to my sweet husband for loving me enough to take the time to make me happy. What an act of love.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've cleaned out and cleaned out until I have all I need in my kitchen. I just don't have any extra room for all the handy gadgets. (Sigh) There's never enough room, is there?

Tell your husband he did a fantastic job.

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sassy seamstress said...

sorry, bethany! thanks for your comment. i just hated to leave the hubby's name out there. it's so much more practical than before. i agree, he did do a great job.

Unknown said...

Your site is awesome and you don't have to worry about giving me advice. I appreciate all the help I can get.... Thanks for your sweet comments. I will visit your blog daily

Denise said...

Very nice. I need more storage space too. One day, one day! Way to go Sassy's hubby!

Carra said...

Yes, my husband has caught on that there will be no end to my project ideas as well. I like getting to know you.

My First Kitchen said...

Nicely done!!! I'm extremely proud of this fabulously repurposed pantry. I'm so glad you came today, and hopefully we can cross paths again soon... maybe learning how to cook chicken? :)