Remember the
bubble dress I was gonna make for
FCA banquet? I think I actually said I was going to make 3. Well, here IT is.

That's right. I only made one of these bad boys. I just couldn't figure out what size to make the other ones in and I ran out of time. I thought it looked a little too simple when I finished it. I had envisioned it monogrammed but wasn't sure others (the bidders) would be able to have the same vision. So, I added this pretty little pink bow.

Something that could be easily removed or you could still monogram it regardless. I made another 2 piece outfit that you can barely see in the above picture. Then, at the last minute (and by last minute I mean about 5 hours before the banquet) I decided to try a pillowcase dress. I had always wanted to make one, and this was my opportunity. You usually see these made with vintage pillow cases. I have a few from my husband's grandmother that I intend to turn into dresses. This ended up being my favorite.

You can easily use a modern pillowcase. Find one with a pretty trim (like the one above) or you can buy a plain one and add a ribbon. Or if you are super talented you can crochet around the bottom and make it look "vintage". I personally will rely on my mother-in-law for this. The sad part is that it literally took my less than 30 minutes to make...from start to finish. It also got the highest bid at the auction. Hind sight...I wish I had just made three of these. Oh well. Live and learn. I should also point out the monogrammed candles in the background. A good friend of mine (the same people who gave us the door) monograms candles and they are wonderful. So easy to do and they make great gifts. She donated three of these for the auction. Maybe (with her permission) I'll do a tutorial one day!
2 comments:
What a pretty outfit!!! What pattern did you use. I am making two jumpers but would love to make some bubble outfit for two baby boys this summer.
Cynthia
I bought huck toweling at JoAnne's, cut them 24 inches and hemmed them. I actually bought a bolt with a coupon and made fourteen towels out of a bolt.
Thanks for your help with the bubble pattern. I am going to get the Children's corner one next time at the fabric store, which will probably be tomorrow... you know how it goes.
Thanks again,
Cynthia
Post a Comment