Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Hatred for Framing

Are you like me? Do you despise to get things framed because it seems so permanent? Well, I have things that have needed framing for several years and I haven't done anything about it because I'm scared. Take this for instance. This particular photo was taken 2 YEARS ago. I was pregnant with our third and wanted some pics of the whole family. I love this picture. I have been so afraid to get it framed. Well, I just decided to bite the bullet. So I headed to our local Hobby Lobby (custom framing was 50% that week) and just did it! Picked out everything and just left it. Done. Well, when I went to pick it back up, they had all of there frames 50% off. I knew I wanted to do something above my bed, and there was no time like the present so I purchased a hand FULL of frames (actually it was a cart FULL) and brought them home and here is what I ended up with.

Oh, and those nice decorative metal pieces were 50% off at Hobby Lobby as well. In addition to picture frames, I also purchased the letters of my youngest daughter's name. They had plain white letters 50% off. I brought them home and painted them like this, and hung them with cute ribbon abover her bed. I know that this is probably an overused decorating device, but I was once again desperate for something above the bed and this was a quick fix. Not to mention the low, low total cost of $7.50 for all the letters. That will work for me everytime. So this is what I was doing yesterday. Yes, I was a busy girl! Oh, and I also took our youngest to the doctor and had another one come home "sick" from school. She was faking it and that is another story in itself.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It all looks good. I really like the letters.

jday said...

LOVE the pictures above your bed!! Beautiful!!!