Monday, August 25, 2008

Formal Dining???



My first question to you is, does anyone with children really use a formal dining room? I can tell you that we can count on our hands the number of times we have used this room.
This is a room that is always in transformation for me. In fact, I wasn't quite sure I was ready to show the after pictures because it is still not as I'd like it. However, it too is a room that has come a long way and gone through alot of changes. Again, please notice the WHITE walls. Don't they just scream, "paint me!"
So I did. Twice. We lived with the first color for a couple of years.




Then, when we got a new/old dining room set, I decided it needed a new coat of paint to warm things up. I had a picture of the old dining room set with the old paint color, but the color was off and looked too hideous to post.










Recognize the silver set?
I think it may be a little too small for this area, and I originally had something a little larger. There is just something to be said for a silver set on a buffet, don't ya think? I still need something else on my table, but have yet to find what I want. I would love to one day replace the window treatments. I feel like this room needs something a little warmer. I'm just waiting for the right deal on a fabric that is too good to pass up. I'll be sure to show you as soon as I find it!

3 comments:

jday said...

Wow! That's beautiful! I love the finished product. You need to give me a tour of your lovely home when our children are in school!

Nicole said...

Wow, your dining room is beautiful. I LOVE the color that you used and your new dining room set is beautiful.

southerninspiration said...

OH.MY.GOSH, what a gorgeous transformation!!! You have such a great eye for decorating!!!

Suzanne

You don't live in my area, do you????????????;)