
As you will notice by the once again poor quality photos, we didn't have a table for our breakfast room when we moved into this house. Our
previous home didn't have a formal dining room (most 2 bedroom houses don't), so we used our dining room table in our breakfast room. Once we moved into this house, we had to use our dining room table in our, imagine this, dining room. So as you can see, this breakfast area was a catch all for everything baby or slightly older baby sibling.

This room really had no purpose for the first couple of weeks, but then again I wasn't sure what my purpose was during that time either. Word to the wise, don't wait until you are in the hospital giving birth to make an offer on a house. And when you do make an offer, don't use words like "take it or leave it" or "final offer". (That was my husband trying to get the best deal possible.) Those word will come back to haunt you a week later when you still have no place to live.
We purchased our breakfast table and chairs at the Pottery Barn outlet.
We knew it was exactly what we wanted as soon as we saw it. Those two black chairs came from my dad's office. The office is closing and it's one of those offices that has been around since the turn of the century. They have some great things in there and these chairs are just one of the many items that have come from there. They have a rustic look to them that is truly genuine. Not one of those, these chairs are new and I made them look old. My dad told me that they just needed a fresh coat of paint on them and they'd be good as new. I told him that he was crazy. You couldn't pay me to refinish those chairs. 
And yes, I am aware that I have 5 chairs at the table. I usually pull one of them away to feed my youngest in her booster seat and just don't feel like putting it back. The lack of symmetry drives me crazy, but it's just something I have to deal with right now. So, here's to a breakfast room that now has purpose. It brings our family together at least once a day.
3 comments:
Fun looking window treatments!
I love your dining room set. Me just barely purchased out first "grown-up" (aka, not from shopko) set this year. Those chairs from your dad are awesome. I love your roman shade window treatments and the big clock on the wall.
Okay, LOOOOOVE your new rooms, every one of them. Very nice!
Post a Comment