My husband and I (almost simultaneously) said, "What about this?" We took some measurements and low and behold, she made it back to our house. This is her home now. She has a HUGE job ahead of her. (There's alot of junk to be stored in this thing.) I hope her "antiquity" can handle it! Now it's time to "dress her up". I shall adorn her with pretty things and post again once I get everything ready. Don't hold your breath. This make take a while.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
A "New" Antique
While we were on vacation, we stopped at a little antique store. We were looking for a piece to go beside our bed to use as a nightstand. I didn't want a "traditional" nightstand, but I needed something that could be used for "storage". (You know...for all the junk our nightstands tend to hide.) I am going to do a skirted table on one side of the bed to soften the look of the room, but on the other side, you will see this:
My husband and I (almost simultaneously) said, "What about this?" We took some measurements and low and behold, she made it back to our house. This is her home now. She has a HUGE job ahead of her. (There's alot of junk to be stored in this thing.) I hope her "antiquity" can handle it! Now it's time to "dress her up". I shall adorn her with pretty things and post again once I get everything ready. Don't hold your breath. This make take a while.
My husband and I (almost simultaneously) said, "What about this?" We took some measurements and low and behold, she made it back to our house. This is her home now. She has a HUGE job ahead of her. (There's alot of junk to be stored in this thing.) I hope her "antiquity" can handle it! Now it's time to "dress her up". I shall adorn her with pretty things and post again once I get everything ready. Don't hold your breath. This make take a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very pretty! I cannot believe that your husband would stop at an antique store for you!! My husband will barely stop for bathroom breaks when we travel!!
the antique store is in a little town near the beach. we went while we were there. no stops along the way!
It's very pretty.
Post a Comment