
I was very focused yester- day. There was one thing and only one thing on the brain. Finishing my bedroom. It has become quite a daunting task. As I've mentioned before, I was looking for a third fabric that was just right and it hasn't been easy. Some fabrics had too much color while other fabrics didn't have enough. I was getting very frustrated, and then it happened. It was glorious. I looked up and saw just the right fabric. I was scared to take a peek at the price tag. After all, aren't all the good ones at least $45/yard? I know, I know...the nester wouldn't think so. I personally don't have the kind of shopping skills she has. Until now. I squinted my eyes, grit my teeth, and turned over that price tag. What do you think I saw? To tell you the truth, I would've been please to see $17 or even $20 per yard. I am pleased to tell you that my perfect fabric was purchased at the low, low price of $10.50 per yard. And no, people, this was not at a discount fabric store. This was at one of those "do you really know what you're doing with that fabric?" stores. I was so pleased with myself that as soon as my husband got home, I rushed to show him. His response..."oh, good." Not one of those "oh, good" like I couldn't be more thrilled kind of responses. But an "oh, good (could you please heat me up some dinner before I starve)". I am completely aware that he is a man and really couldn't care less about fabric (and I don't blame him), but I truly was looking for a little more. So, for my fellow female bloggers I am posting some pictures.
There are plans to have this monogrammed to add a little blue to the picture. Until then, this will have to do. Even if you don't like it or aren't impress, please leave me an "oooh and aaaahhh" comment. Oh, and how did I reward myself for such a great find? It's called fringe, baby!
6 comments:
Very beautiful!! And I love the feeling of flipping the price tag on the fabric and seeing a great price!!
You are so funny. I can't seem to get into the spirit of decorating. But, I'm happy for those that enjoy it. Maybe when things settle down around here I can indulge in a little "fabric and fringe, baby!"
I forgot to mention that it really looks good. I like how soothing it looks.
thanks, girls! i knew i could depend on you!
I am with you on wanting to do it right...but sometimes you just need to do something! Shh! Don't tell, but I actually originally hemmed my curtains with hem tape, as mentioned in my post, and later (a year or more later)went back sewed them. I had to wash them and hem tape just wouldn't do.
Totally chic!! I love the look and I am not a blue colored person, or even a blue on a gray scale sort of person... but I do love it girlie!! Props to you for your amazing find... well I am a brown kinda girl though... I love my browns in any color!! That price tag moment is priceless... though having a hubby in on the excitement would be a great thrill too eh?! Thanks for the peeks chica!!
Aja
SE Kansas
Oooooooohhhhhh and Aahhhhhhh.....looks fantabulous to me; I am also a sort of seamstress who lives with an engineer, so I could never REALLY live with a mistreatment, but I can totally relate to your understanding of what a mistreatment can mean! Congrats on the 10.50 per yard fabric....it's delightful!
Suzanne
Post a Comment